ASTM 1 barrier masks designed for procedures with low amounts of blood, fluid, spray and/or aerosol exposure. Common clinical examples include patient exams, operatory cleaning, impressions, lab trimming and orthodontic work.
Test conducted by Cambridge Materials Testing Limited (Health Canada accredited).
|DETAILS ON PRODUCT
ASTM Protection VS Intended Usage:
- Level 1 Barrier: 80 mm Hg
- Light / minimum BFE & PFE protection
- Used for general procedures and respiratory etiquette
- Designed to resist a splash or spray at venous pressure
Requirements for Medical Face ASTM Level 1:
- BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) at 3.0 micron ASTM F2101 = ≥ 95%
- PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency at 0.1 miconr ASTM F2299 = ≥ 95%
- Delta P (Differential Pressure) MIL-M-36954C, mm H20/cm2 = < 4.0
- Fluid Resistance to Synthetic Blood ASTM 1862, mm Hg = 80
- Flame Spread 16 CFR part 1610 = Class 1
ASTM standards are referenced by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as the endorsed standard in the United States. The current standard ASTM F2100-11 (2011) specifies the performance requirements for Medical Face Masks with five basic criteria.